Monday, April 23, 2007

A mOviNg PoEtrY

[To a Daughter Leaving Home]
When I taught you

at eight to ride

a bicycle, loping along

beside you

as you wobbled away

on two round wheels,

my own mouth rounding

in surprise when you pulled

ahead down the curved

path of the park,

I kept wating

for the thud

of your crash as I

sprinted to catch up,

while you grew

smaller, more breakable

with distance,

pumping, pumping

for your life, screaming

with laughter,

the hair flapping

behind you like a

handkerchief waving

goodbye.



This poetry I read in an English study group is very moving.

"Pumping, pumping for your life." This is my favorite sentence in this poetry.

All of the parent are love their children and protect, support them.

When children grew up and wanted to lefd, their parent just smiled and looked at the sight of their back.

It is time to show consideration for your Dad and Mom, isn't it?

No comments: